Original fiction project – week of 1/16/2011

22 Jan

I reached my goal of 9,300 words for the month early this week, then plunged into the task of organizing everything I’ve written since the beginning of November/or salvaged as usable from pre-November. Which is a lot of stuff.

I’m boggling at just how much my story has changed since what I had as of October. Just turning myself over to writing already as I did on Nov 1 has managed to bring so many new ideas I didn’t have before. A top-down idea generator, I am not.

But it’s good to step away and look at what you’ve got every once in a while and figure out what of it you want to expand on for the next writing sprint. That’s in February. Goal: 8,400 words.

7 Responses to “Original fiction project – week of 1/16/2011”

1. shadowkat67 January 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm #

I may steal your icon. It’s wonderful.

2. neshaffer January 22, 2011 at 6:20 pm #

I have it credited to .
    And ain’t it the truth?

3. cornerofmadness January 22, 2011 at 10:10 pm #

wow, I’m impressed. congrats on making that goal. you’re way ahead of me. i might need to be setting monthly goals myself
    eta love that icon

4. neshaffer January 22, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

Well, it’s not as thought I have 9,300 new words in my first draft. I think about 20% of this stuff might end up being useful. I sort of have to “write around a story” until it emerges.

5. cornerofmadness January 22, 2011 at 11:50 pm #

at least you’re writing words. some days i’m not even doing that

6. neshaffer January 23, 2011 at 12:07 am #

I really had to force myself to do it. I could just sit back and do big-picture planning work until the cows come home.
    Mooo.

7. cornerofmadness January 23, 2011 at 12:15 am #

i hear you. I’m forcing myself to revamp Machiavelli Moon since i Just got a class’s worth of opinions on it