Truth & Consequences: The VK-a-thon continues

10 Jan

Oh, hey! Check it out…I just popped my Netflix DVD into the player this a.m., and it’s the VK episode of ER! My ancient reruns television motif always brings up something interesting.

Fucked-up Vinnie: He’s broody and sensitive, a tormented artist. He eats his own paints, and he does drugs! I take it back. *This* is his *real* screen test for AtS!

Brat Quotient: 5/10. He’s actually kind of sweet. He loses points for being high-maintenance at the end, refusing out-patient detox when the cute med student can’t get him into in-patient detox.

The hair: Of course he has greasy hair and is yakking all over himself! He doesn’t need to be an emergency room patient to do that!

Bottom line: I didn’t rent season 6 of ER just to see Vinnie, but I was looking forward to his appearance. It was better than I expected, too, in terms of screen time and characterization. Vintage Vinnie.

15 Responses to “Truth & Consequences: The VK-a-thon continues”

1. ex_chaos_by_699 January 10, 2007 at 5:28 pm #

Aw, he looks like a pretty girl in your icon!
    *has a big crush on VK*

2. neshaffer January 10, 2007 at 5:40 pm #

No! He’s not pretty in that pic! He’s scary! Scary Ricky6!Vincent.
    You want *pretty!VK*? This is pretty.

3. ex_chaos_by_699 January 10, 2007 at 5:47 pm #

I still think he looks adorable. He’s very pretty in the linked pic too.
    I think he actually looks his scariest when in Origin he just got his memory back, and he’s got this *look* on his face just before he’s about to kill Sahjahn. It’s the combination of psycho look and preppy look that was very…strange.
    I can’t Netflix Ricky 6. Waahh.

4. neshaffer January 10, 2007 at 5:53 pm #

Do you live in the US or Canada? I could make a copy of my Ricky 6 VHS tape for you. I bought it off E-Bay and it’s not a great copy to begin with (it has the movie editor’s time clock at the bottom throughout), but it’s a must-have for a VK fan.

5. ex_chaos_by_699 January 10, 2007 at 5:54 pm #

I live in the US. Oooooooooooooh, thank you! 😀

6. ex_chaos_by_699 January 10, 2007 at 5:55 pm #

Oh crap, VHS? Eeep…don’t have a VCR. 😦

7. neshaffer January 10, 2007 at 6:00 pm #

I just need a mailing address.

8. neshaffer January 10, 2007 at 6:01 pm #

I don’t know how to do VHS->DVD.

9. ex_chaos_by_699 January 10, 2007 at 6:03 pm #

Yeah, unfortunately neither do I.
    I like your icon.

10. neshaffer January 10, 2007 at 6:07 pm #

I sent a copy of the Ricky 6 tape to my friend , and she took it down to the rec center she was working at it watch the movie.

11. megers17 January 10, 2007 at 6:39 pm #

I liked him in that ER episode I could see him basically coming off Another Day in paradise so making it just a little lighter and going into Crime and Punishment in suburbia due to the hair being a little darker ha ha. However, yes I could so see this being the screen test for ATS they probably watched it first called his agent and wanted him to play the part. I liked him an ER and from what I know most druggies are moody so if he didn’t get in patient than he doesn’t want it at all. So sad he’s a cutie though that’s for sure and I was suprised too that he got that screen time plus he got to act with Alan Alda which was cool too.. okay I’m done with my rant haha.

12. neshaffer January 10, 2007 at 6:45 pm #

I know, I had a ::geek:: moment during the VK – Alan Alda scene.
    “You weren’t in the explosion?”
    “No. I just puked.”
    LOL

13. swmbo January 11, 2007 at 4:31 pm #

Ok, that episode I am going to have to see! Do you remember what disk number it’s on?!

14. neshaffer January 11, 2007 at 5:40 pm #

Season 6, disc two, episode title, “Truth and Consequences”. Worth a look!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Polar bears and overdoses: it’s a VincentKartheiser-a-thon! « Infinite Doorways - May 15, 2012

[…] Heaven Sent ) ( Ricky 6 ) ( Dandelion ) ( Truth and Consequences […]