NaNoWriMo Day 5

5 Nov

Well, I’m off to my friend Gloria’s for dinner and DVD, so that wraps it up for today’s writing.

New words: 2661
Total words: 9379
Goal: 50,000
Percentage: 18.8%

Today’s outlining turned more into adding dialogue to the various scenes. Which makes sense. I don’t know about other people’s fiction, but my fiction, whether it’s in script format or prose, is full of yammering. People talk. Sure, there’s action, but nearly every scene has discussion as well. So much so, that I’ve come to treat dialogue like the “skeleton” of a scene. It’s practically the first thing I write. So it’s like an outline in that way. Got about 1/8th of the way done in each episode with the outlining/dialoguing. So I guess that’ll be the job for tomorrow as well.

I’m glad this coming weekend is a three-day weekend. Hopefully, I can get more writing done then than I did this weekend. Socializing *so* interferes with the writing of fiction!

14 Responses to “NaNoWriMo Day 5”

1. spiletta42 November 6, 2006 at 2:13 am #

Three day weekend?! No! I hate those. See, that’s precisely why November is a terrible month for writing. We’ve got two of the buggers. I don’t get the “holiday” off, and have to work double shifts both before and after it, because the gorram bank’s closed and that messes everything up. This was just a normal weekend and I went from being ahead of the game to behind . . . and this without a social life. Good thing I don’t have one of those, huh?
    Your fic looks good. Faith rocks.

2. cornerofmadness November 6, 2006 at 2:38 am #

i like it. Hmmm three day weekend?

3. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 5:27 am #

I love three-day weekends! And better yet, four-day weekends! Lots of writing will commence!
    I am ever so slightly ahead of the game, which is good, because I get less done during the week when I have to work and commute.

4. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 5:29 am #

Veteran’s day, I think.

5. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 5:30 am #

How’s your social life??

6. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 6:14 am #

And I was asking you how *your* social life is.

7. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 2:21 pm #

You’re an outgoing introvert. They’re not the same thing. I know shy extroverts as well. Makes sense to me!
    And I know how dating is. *Oy* *oy* *Oy*

8. cornerofmadness November 6, 2006 at 3:18 pm #

yeah it is. I don’t think i’m off. I hope I’mnot off. I’m far enough before as is without that

9. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 3:35 pm #

Far enough before?

10. cornerofmadness November 6, 2006 at 3:37 pm #

that should be BEHIND. My brain hasn’t registered I’m awake yet in spite of teaching one class already

11. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 6:09 pm #

So you’re behind on NaNo and you *don’t* want the day off?
    No, you’re behind at work. Your NaNo numbers look good.

12. cornerofmadness November 6, 2006 at 6:22 pm #

there you go. that second thing.

13. neshaffer November 6, 2006 at 7:09 pm #

And LJ is behind in their comment notifications.
    *goes to their corporate offices and kicks them*

14. cornerofmadness November 6, 2006 at 7:38 pm #