Question for Harry Potter fans and Brits

20 Jul

If you were going to go on a ::cough::geek::cough “Harry Potter tour of London”, where would you go (besides King’s Cross Station). I’m thinking book *and* movie versions of HP.

10 Responses to “Question for Harry Potter fans and Brits”

1. dherblay July 20, 2006 at 9:04 pm #

Poke around the east side of Charing Cross Road until you find the entry to Diagon Alley.

2. neshaffer July 20, 2006 at 9:17 pm #

Hee!

3. jgrantl July 20, 2006 at 9:40 pm #

I, personally, would start with a call to my therapist!

4. londonkds July 20, 2006 at 9:45 pm #

I’ve had a look and there don’t seem to be many locations in London that were used in the films. The major ones are:
    King’s Cross Station and the neighbouring St Pancras station: played King’s Cross in all films
    London Zoo: actually used for the zoo scenes in Philosopher’s Stone.
    Bull’s Head Passage, off Gracechurch Street, City of London: used for Diagon Alley and Leaky Cauldron exteriors in Philosopher’s Stone
    Shops at the edge of Borough Market, near London Bridge and Southwark Cathedral: Leaky Cauldron exteriors in Prisoner of Azkaban

5. neshaffer July 20, 2006 at 10:02 pm #

London only enters into the films at the beginning, assuming Harry has business there. That might change once the 5th film comes out and they need to introduce the Order of the Phoenix, etc. But I wouldn’t mind finding the locations of various shots. I’m doing the same thing in Paris with my Highlander fandom.

6. angels_nibblet July 21, 2006 at 3:59 am #

I don’t know where it is, but I have a picture of me at the train station they use for when they arrive at Hogwarts, from when I was about 6.
    I’ve been to Hogsmeade, yeah baby!

7. neshaffer July 21, 2006 at 4:31 am #

Did you go to the sweet shop or the joke shop? How ’bout the Shrieking Shack?

8. angels_nibblet July 21, 2006 at 4:33 am #

My parents locked me in the shrieking shack while they went shopping. We had a jolly old time.

9. neshaffer July 21, 2006 at 4:42 am #

Did you sneak from there into Hogwarts??

10. angels_nibblet July 21, 2006 at 4:49 am #

Of course. Peeves and I are best mates.