When I do something, I don’t do it small. It’s a thing with me. I’m determined to change my mind about the Star Wars prequels to the fullest extent I can–not just so I can so I can squeeze every moment of appreciation out of Revenge of the Sith when I do see it (which I haven’t yet so keep yer stinky spoilers to yourselves, flist-oids!)–but so I can geek the whole gorram series.
– Reading the arrogantly assuming but still informative analyses of Lard Biscuit;
– Reading the prequel novelizations (and yes, they *do* help give background I didn’t understand before, especially after reading Lard-
– Reading the prequel-prequel tie-in novel “Cloak of Deception”. And no, I usually don’t read that drivel. I stopped reading “published fan fic” a LONG time ago (like Star Trek:TOS long time ago) when I realized it could be contradicted by the actual TV shows/movies. But it was a recommendation of the elitist and purist Sith Lard Biscuit to help understand the politics of the first two prequel movies;
– watching the prequels I and II a few more times (“The Phantom Menace” actually goes down really good with the sound turned off and the closed captioning turned on. Just not having to hear Jar-Jar squeal every five seconds takes a large amount of the ick off);
– watching the “Clone Wars” cartoon series to fill in the gaps between Episodes II and III;
– watching the “original” trilogy (folks like me who saw the original movies as teens/early twenty-somethings just refer to these movies as “the Movies”. Everything else is “the prequels to the Movies”).
– and through all of the above, arrive at an Masquerade-esque encyclopedic knowledge of this universe that will allow me to do the aforementioned enjoying it to its fullest.
And I must say that the Movies do gain more depth with the prequels filling in the details (which is what they were *supposed* to do, so, yeah them). If you can look past or wank the little contradictions (“well, obviously someone erased poor C3P0’s memory banks”), you notice interesting subtleties, like, how the actor who plays Anakin Skywalker manages to walk just like the actor who played Darth Vader. And I thought Hayden Whathisname was just a vapid pretty-boy.
Speaking of the Skywalker boys, anyone who knows me can guess who my Star Wars OTP is turning out to be during this Geek Banquet. I totally want an icon now that has Hayden and Mark Hamill either superimposed or with side-by-side pictures. Not sure what the caption would say, if any, but maybe it’ll just say “Father and Son” or “OTP”. And no, you dirty-minded….It’s Anakin+Luke. Plus sign, people, not slash. Just….eww.
I’d start searching the Star Wars icon LJs for such an icon, but my usual experience with trying to find an icon like that usually ends up with me doing it myself.
Anyone know any good Star Wars Movies and Star Wars Prequels screen shot websites?