And sometimes, I get email like this…

11 Feb

But it’s been a long, long time!

===

Just a quick note to let you know I think you’ve assembled the most encyclopedic and thought-provoking Buffy/Angel site on the Internet.  It is absolutely wonderful.

Scott McLaren,
Humanities & Religious Studies Librarian,
York University, Toronto, CANADA.

===

*boggles*

79 Responses to “And sometimes, I get email like this…”

1. neshaffer February 11, 2005 at 11:45 pm #

Re: Aaah, well.
    Thanks, hon. ; )

2. neshaffer February 11, 2005 at 11:47 pm #

I once had this fantasy that Joss would see my website and give me a bit part playing Buffy’s philosophy professor. Which tells you how long ago *that* fantasy was. ; )

3. ladystarlightsj February 12, 2005 at 12:33 am #

Don’t forget what we talked about — if that will make a difference.

4. cornerofmadness February 12, 2005 at 12:33 am #

Heh, but not a bad fantasy to have.
    Oh and since I forgot earlier, have a good time tonight

5. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 12:36 am #

Thanks! I’m nervous and I’ve been snacking all day. Now I won’t be able to have dinner.
    *ack*

6. cornerofmadness February 12, 2005 at 1:24 am #

Opps.

7. ladystarlightsj February 12, 2005 at 1:48 am #

He’s right on all counts. But you knew that, right?

8. atpolittlebit February 12, 2005 at 1:52 am #

“I had to fight the urge to do the little goal-post thing with my arms.”
    DO EET! DO EET!

9. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 2:02 am #

I am constantly amazed by how well-received ATPo has been. It started as a lark, and though I put a lot of effort into it, I have never been the most well-read or knowledgeable philosopher in the world. I keep expecting to get a note from someone saying, “You obviously don’t know the first thing about [philosopher x].”
    But so far, the biggest criticism of my site is, “whoever does it must be a big geek with too much time on his hands.”
    Guilty as charged.

10. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 2:02 am #

Not at work!
    ; )

11. midnightsjane February 12, 2005 at 3:06 am #

The man speaks true words. Congratulations, Masq! And thank you for giving us all such an amazing place to go to talk about our favourite characters and philosophers in the ‘verse. I think you deserve much wider recognition for your work. (Anyone know Joss’s email? I’d spam him for sure.) Maybe I can just send out psychic vibes… Joss, google ATPO, google ATPO…
    hands you a glass of bubbly

12. alliterator February 12, 2005 at 3:27 am #

Hey, he’s correct. It is an awesome site. I remember when I first saw it, I basically went all Keanu Reeves and said, “Woah.” And then I said, “Where do I start?” And you site is like a fanfic resource goldmine.

13. fresne February 12, 2005 at 3:31 am #

Hmmm…
    Random acts of philosophical violence and senseless acts of literature.
    It could work.

14. mamculuna February 12, 2005 at 3:37 am #

Completely deserved. You should get emails like that everyday. We forget, talking to you daily, what an amazing thing you’ve done. And how much more has grown from it.
    You could quit now and rest on your laurels, and still know you’d done more than most of us even dream of.

15. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 6:00 am #

*sips bubbly*
    Thanks!

16. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 6:01 am #

I get linked to a lot by fanfic sites, I know that.
    *g*

17. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 6:01 am #

But…but, it was all for fun! What kind of accomplishment was that??

18. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 6:13 am #

Re: Hmmm…
    Random acts of philosophical violence and senseless acts of literature.
    A new sub-title for my journal!!

19. ironed_orchid February 12, 2005 at 7:48 am #

That is lovely praise, which you fully deserve.

20. atpo_onm February 12, 2005 at 12:53 pm #

Wonder if this fellow is going to be watching his Buffy DVD’s on Valentine’s day?
    I know I will!
    OnM, re: ATPo:
    1. Surfed
    2. Found
    3. Still here
    Seriously, approach ED’s agent about TD, eh? Wotta ya have to lose?
    Oh, and yay you!
    🙂

21. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 1:39 pm #

Thanks, Jupes. ; )

22. neshaffer February 12, 2005 at 1:40 pm #

Have you actually read any TD??

23. mamculuna February 12, 2005 at 4:47 pm #

The best kind!

24. anomster February 16, 2005 at 5:50 am #

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That’s great, esp. after last year! I’m glad your parents have come around (yike! hope I didn’t just jinx that!)…& that you have some funds of your own just in case.

25. scrollgirl February 16, 2005 at 3:45 pm #

Re: yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, I’d have to pay for the trip myself, regardless, but at least my parents are supporting me going. Do you have the link to where cjl was posting about the hotel we’re staying at?
    But, hee! I’m glad to be going 🙂

26. scrollgirl February 16, 2005 at 4:36 pm #

Re: yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I’m trying to get from the Midtown Manhattan Port Authority Terminal to the LaGuardia hotel, would I need to take public transit for that? Or I suppose it’d be safer to take a cab. Is it far?

27. neshaffer February 16, 2005 at 5:11 pm #

Re: yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. anomster February 16, 2005 at 6:10 pm #

Re: yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn’t call public transit in NYC unsafe. A little confusing if you’re unfamiliar w/it is all. At least you wouldn’t have to switch trains, which keeps things simple. It’s…medium far, certainly far enough that the cab ride ain’t cheap if you’re on a budget. There are also airport bus services from the major ground transp. centers, like the Port Authority, Penn Station, & Grand Central. But I don’t think they go to hotels, just the airport, so you’d need to take the hotel shuttle or other transp. from there. I know this was covered in 1 of the threads on the Gathering, either on ATPo or in cjl’s LJ (it’s in cjl’s lj, c–I mean, see? OK, OK, lame palindrome, but I had to try). I’ll try to find it when I have a little more time, if somebody doesn’t beat me to it. Also, the link on ATPo’s main page is now active, although at this point it just takes you to the same page as the link Masq posted above.

29. scrollgirl February 16, 2005 at 6:54 pm #

Re: yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hmm. If it’s free, I don’t mind taking the airport bus from the Port Authority to LaGuardia Airport, then transferring to a hotel shuttle to go to the hotel. If you think it can be done, I’d rather ride for free! Do you have any idea if the buses and shuttles run often? (I would imagine so, being New York and a busy area, but I don’t mind waiting if it means a free ride! I don’t want to attempt public transit and end up hopelessly lost!)
    Thanks for the tips so far 🙂