Broomsticks over London

11 Jul

Just got home from HP & the OOtP. It was a tad unpolished in places, but I liked it a lot and now I know what I want for Christmas!

Oh, and it really sets you up to be chomping at the bit for book 7. I know they did *that* on purpose…..

7 Responses to “Broomsticks over London”

1. cornerofmadness July 12, 2007 at 2:00 pm #

i’ve been debating going to see that tonight or next week. Sigh. decisions, decisions. glad you liked it though

2. neshaffer July 12, 2007 at 2:03 pm #

It was a last minute decision. I saw other people on my flist had gone, and normally, I avoid first-day lines, but I had wanted to see it before the book came out to avoid overhearing spoilers in the audience for the book.
    I looked it up on the internet and realized I could get to a matinee at an earlier hour after work, and figured, “What the hey.” It wasn’t a capacity crowd in the theater–the nose-bleed seats in the front weren’t taken–but it was nearly there.

3. chicken_cem July 12, 2007 at 2:26 pm #

They did an excellent job with this film, but sadly had to leave a ton of things out, which of course makes me want to re-read the book.

4. cornerofmadness July 12, 2007 at 2:36 pm #

that’s rather my plan, to go after work, right around dinner time. Maybe the mom’s with kids will be somewhere else cooking supper.

5. neshaffer July 12, 2007 at 4:34 pm #

There weren’t a lot of children there, come to think of it. Mostly adults and teenagers. I’m not sure if it had to do with the hour, or if discerning parents know this movie isn’t really for little kids (the end of HP4 must have been a shocker for some families expecting light family fare).

6. neshaffer July 12, 2007 at 4:35 pm #

Alas, that’s to be expected when fitting a two-inch thick book into a 2 1/2 hour movie. It was long for a movie, but felt completely rushed all the way through. I am reading the 6th book right now to prepare for book 7.

7. cornerofmadness July 12, 2007 at 5:26 pm #

that’s what I’m waiting for, the dim wits who don’t bother to learn what a movie is before they take the kids and learn this is NOT a kid’s story (well at least not a young kid’s)