21 Mar

It’s a bitch that the only way to get the things you really want in life is to take risks.

13 Responses to “”

1. mamculuna March 22, 2005 at 2:12 am #

Well, yeah. But belatedly I’ve been noticing that I even get something out of the risks that don’t work out–even the failures have some kind of value. Compared to the no-value of doing nothing.

2. midnightsjane March 22, 2005 at 2:22 am #

It is, but on the other hand, if you never take a risk, you miss a lot of good stuff. My philosophy is that if I take a risk, and it works, fabulous. If it doesn’t work out the way I wanted, there is always something to learn from it. Sometimes jumping off the cliff can be freeing and exhilarating, even if it scares me half to death. Still, on occasion, I’ve needed a bit of a push..

3. neshaffer March 22, 2005 at 2:33 am #

Compared to the no-value of doing nothing.
    Exactly my point.

4. neshaffer March 22, 2005 at 2:34 am #

f you never take a risk, you miss a lot of good stuff.
    Which was pretty much my point. ; )
    even if it scares me half to death
    Which is the problem.

5. midnightsjane March 22, 2005 at 2:43 am #

*gives you a very gentle push*

6. neshaffer March 22, 2005 at 2:56 am #

It does help, you know.
    ; )

7. ironed_orchid March 22, 2005 at 6:58 am #

Yep. I hate that about life. Where’s my goddamn silver spoon and gravy train.

8. neshaffer March 22, 2005 at 12:53 pm #

After I wrote my little pithy quote above, it occurred to me there are people who get what they want without many risks, simply by virtue of what or who they are. I just wouldn’t be one of them.

9. neshaffer March 22, 2005 at 1:31 pm #

Yeah, except I’ve concluded that sometimes the absolute boredom of a life where nothing ever happens, ever is worse than death.

10. neshaffer March 23, 2005 at 1:59 pm #

Isn’t your TV about at that stage, anyway? ; )

11. neshaffer March 23, 2005 at 5:09 pm #

Well, the computer works, and that’s all that really matters.

12. neshaffer March 23, 2005 at 7:14 pm #

Yes indeed, the internet is a BIG distraction to writing, but I would lapse into catatonic schitzophrenia without it.
    ; )

13. Rennara December 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

Posted on Hi there, I discovered your blog by the use of Google at the same time as sicnaherg for a similar matter, your web site came up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.