(1) Fan fic instead of original fic. I wish it were otherwise, but I honestly got nothin’ at the moment. No plot? Big problem!
(2) I’m only working on three (possibly four) chapters of my “novel” instead of trying to belt out an entire rough draft.
(3) The “novel” in question? Already started. Two years ago.
(4) It’s in screenplay format.
(5) I already have bits and pieces of the new material written. In the official NaNo rules, it says you have to start on Nov 1. You can prepare before hand by, for example, making up an outline, but the actual text can’t be written until Nov 1. Um…hello? I don’t know how anyone else works, but my brain writes when it writes. Any time I am working on an outline, snippets of text enter my brain unbidden. Of course I’m going to write them down!
(6) I may or may not strive for 50,000 words. Do you *know* how many episodes of TD that is? 3.35293952. Approximately. I’m going to write three episode first drafts, and since I overwrite everything, those should come in together well over 50,000.
Can you tell I’d like to do NaNo by the rules and just can’t?