NaDraWriMo

30 Apr

So I finished NaDraWriMo–30 drabbles in 30 days. A few days (2, 3?) I did none, so a few days I did two, all exactly 100 words, no more, no less. It was a discipline, like haiku.

A very painful discipline. I’m glad it’s over. For someone who can belt out a couple thou words in a day when she’s on a roll (like yesterday with AtS 6.16), I had more trouble coming up with a mere 100.

The results were pretty good, I think, especially when I ditched the prompts I was using and just started fiddling with this old story I started back in ’99. Remember those days, before there was an ATPo to distract me? I’m just playing with the old story, writing bits and pieces, and letting those bits and pieces reflect the mood of the day. This isn’t anything that’s going anywhere. Just me writing words that aren’t fan fic.

I’ll post highlights later. I’m knackered today and want to play.

6 Responses to “NaDraWriMo”

1. cornerofmadness April 30, 2006 at 5:23 pm #

i’ll be looking forward to them

2. neshaffer April 30, 2006 at 5:33 pm #

I have to go through and pick out which ones to post, and it feels too much like work to do that today. *lol* But soon!

3. cornerofmadness April 30, 2006 at 5:41 pm #

i know that feeling. In fact i need to get off line and go find my notes for anatomy and start making up that final

4. neshaffer April 30, 2006 at 5:48 pm #

I thought finals were over. Just classes, then, huh?

5. neshaffer April 30, 2006 at 6:16 pm #

We were a productive, accomplished bunch this month. And this year, in general.
    *beams*

6. cornerofmadness April 30, 2006 at 9:00 pm #

just classes. finals for me are tuesday and wednesday (typing up one now) and grades due in by monday