The wisdom of my Flist

22 Sep

Great quotes:

I’m pretty fucking serious about my writing. It’s not a hobby, it’s not a pastime, it’s not a whim. So, when I sit down to write, it’s not because I’m bored and I need to kill a few hours. It’s because this is what I’m passionate about, and the practice of writing is the practice of that passion. yuki_onna

…a dialogue, the philosophical kind, isn’t something you win, it’s something that you try to resolve. When one party is determined to be right and not listen to any contrary views, it’s not really a dialogue.jupitah

It is entirely likely that I am thinking too much today. I believe I will eat chocolate and read trash for a bit now.__angela__

You can prove any thing with logic once you stop caring about how the world actually is.jupitah

I’m starting to collect these.

19 Responses to “The wisdom of my Flist”

1. ironed_orchid September 22, 2004 at 7:02 am #

::blush::

So I’m quotable now. When did I say that logic thing? It was awhile ago I think.

2. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 7:07 am #

Quite a while ago, but I saved it. It used to be on my LJ info page when my bio consisted of a bunch of quotes. But I thought I’d bring it out since I was doing the quotin’.

3. cornerofmadness September 22, 2004 at 7:46 am #

These are great

4. ironed_orchid September 22, 2004 at 7:52 am #

is much less witty in person.

See, in lj you can delete stuff that looks bad.

5. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 9:04 am #

I totally nabbed that one quote from you. But it was highly quotable. ; )

6. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 9:06 am #

Careful! Or I may soon be quoting you! ; )

7. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 9:06 am #

Indeed.

8. cornerofmadness September 22, 2004 at 9:30 am #

If that’s the worst thing that happens to me today I shall be a very luck person.

Am lucky though today. I might still be sick but I got my car title in the mail so at least one piece of my important paperwork didn’t get flooded away.

9. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 9:42 am #

Only if you catch them in time (in the case of comments). And I still get e-mailed the less pretty version. ; )

10. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 9:43 am #

Hope you’re not getting sick. That would be all you need on top of the mice and racoons conspiring against you.

11. cornerofmadness September 22, 2004 at 10:08 am #

Actually I’ve been sick for two days. I was starting to feel better but now…I think I’m going the wrong direction

12. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 10:13 am #

Sorry to hear that. I suppose you can’t take some days off, either.

13. ironed_orchid September 22, 2004 at 10:22 am #

I know, but that’s between you and me (and ). But seriously, I can’t let people knowing I mangled my own user name. Not when you just called me wise.

14. neshaffer September 22, 2004 at 10:32 am #

You want a user name that’s easy to mangle? How about mine? I actually programmed my user name into the Forms Autofill of my browser, so at least when I log into stuff, the browser spells it for me. My fingers pretty much know how to type it by rote at this point, but I mess up a lot if I think about it too much. ; )

15. cornerofmadness September 22, 2004 at 4:54 pm #

no and I have to go in for filming some dvd stuff for next time too.

16. crimsonsenya September 23, 2004 at 12:07 am #

Look, hun! made an icon for the RPS (by request ;P).

You have wonderful intelligent friends! These could be published any time.

I assume that is what you think of writing too :D! For me writing is pulsing need to create something(I guess that’a one definition of passion.

17. neshaffer September 23, 2004 at 6:34 am #

Hah! That’s great!

I like having intelligent friends, I also like having creative friends. People who understand… the urge.

Whether it’s visual arts, writing, or whatever else it is, I like to talk to people who *need* to create.

18. fllndthofshdws September 23, 2004 at 6:23 pm #